Myra's Reviews > Felicity Boxed Set with Game

Felicity Boxed Set with Game by Valerie Tripp

Apr 03, 2012

it was ok

***New Review:
I had to demote my rating to only two stars, not three, after spending the semester in my Liberty Girls group reading this series aloud to my kids. I realize the main reason I stuck with this series is because of the period of history it covers - the American Revolution, my favorite. Although I still love the third book, and the 6th book has some merit (although Felicity still has quite a selfish attitude that she partly overcomes) I have to say that I am not impressed with this series. I wish I had considered and found a different set of books to read with our Liberty Girls that covered this time period.

My reason for not loving this series: The author didn't create Felicity with a grounded set of core values. There were a lot of times in reading aloud these books that I just had to stop and explain what she did/felt/thought that was not right and explain why. I guess that can be a good thing, but there was just so much of it that it became tiresome, and left me wondering what real value there was in reading them. I even skipped reading my kids the fifth book. I just didn't see any reason to. Anyway, that's my new review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Felicity Boxed Set with Game.