♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Desire Me Only

Desire Me Only by Thea Devine

Jan 31, 12

bookshelves: genre-historical, steam-hot

2.5 stars. I can see some people finding this book quite enjoyable, but I can also see many people being very surprised at what this book is NOT. In short, it is NOT a romance love story. At least, not in the way most historical romances are written - even sexy ones. Throughout the book our hero/heroine (Justin and Diandra) have a love/hate relationship, which is far more hate than love. At night they let themselves get immersed into a private sexual underworld, where they experience pure physical pleasure with each other. The sex scenes were written a bit sketchy, but they were sexy. This isn't the steamiest book I've read, but it has some steam. During the day they go on as if their sexual escupades never happened, and they bicker and snicker like an old married couple. There were no romantic jestures or wooing of any kind. Just secret hot sex in the middle of the night. The rest of the story was interesting, so it had some redeeming qualities. The books plot includes a rather interesting mystery of women dying, ghosts spooking, tables levitating, and Ouija boards appearing out of thin air. We are challenged to wonder if these events are real or staged. In the end I didn't really care about our hero and heroine, and I have a hard time believing they would really get a "happily every after", so this one was not a winner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire Me Only.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Back a few years ago Thea Devine used to rule this genre, compare to other authors such as Robin Schone. Devine never held my attention, her stories never lacked sex, but did lack true emotion.

♡Karlyn P♡ I know!! We may complain how today's romances are too cookie-cutter, but I'll take them any day over 'romances' like these :-)

Barks & Bites Hee, hee the notorious Thea Devine book. This one almost put me off romances for good way back when!

♡Karlyn P♡ I do wonder how many people think books like these represent all romances

Barks & Bites I'm afraid almost everyone who doesn't read the genre.

message 6: by Rane (new)

Rane KarLynP wrote: "I know!! We may complain how today's romances are too cookie-cutter, but I'll take them any day over 'romances' like these :-)"

AHEM!
I remember reading an short story by Thea Devine and just wanting to toss the book across the room. If anyone read these romances I can see how off-putting they would be.