Avery Olive's Reviews > Trapped on Draconica

Trapped on Draconica by Dan     Wright

Feb 01, 12

Read from January 31 to February 01, 2012

Well, what can I say, I’m just like every other reader, and quite enjoy finding new things to add to my TBR pile. This is one of those books that’s been added, I’m not sure what I’m going to think because it’s completely outside my usual realm of reads, and worried I’m going to hate it.

Not the case at all.

Right away I was drawn to the cover. It’s interesting, eye catching and well it’s not your typical cover—why you ask? It’s a drawing, full on comic/magna style and nothing like I’ve ever seen. I might live in a box, and the whole Magna craze is lost on me. However, I can’t deny that right away I thought the cover was cool.

And then I learned there was going to be the same awesome art INSIDE the novel... well let’s just say I was a goner. A novel—with pictures, can it get any cooler than that? I don’t think so.

I really enjoyed this read for a number of reasons--the cover and art aside, the writing was fun. Ben, the main character is tossed into a very neat fantasy world created by Mr. Wright with all kinds of interesting characters and creatures.

Each detail and setting was well thought out, the world created is nicely woven and the characters grow, learn and experience making for a great paced novel. Together the descriptions and pictures toss me right into Draconica, I felt I could close my eyes and picture the world just as Mr. Wright intended.

There’s a bit of action, mischief, a touch romance, fantasy creatures, art and great writing. This book has it all.

I will definitely add this to my list of great experiences of the unknown and will be picking up anything written by Mr. Wright in the future, and I can’t pray enough that anything new from him has amazing art to accompany is exciting story telling tactics.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped on Draconica.