Stacey's Reviews > The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band

The Dirt by Tommy Lee

F 50x66
Feb 21, 2012

liked it
Read from February 16 to 21, 2012

I liked all of these guys when I was fourteen - except Mick who always seemed so cranky. I owe Mick a little apology, because he is the only one worth liking after reading this book. One of their former managers writes in a chapter that these guys were "Savages with money" - which is a dead on description. By about page two hundred I actually actively started looking for one sentence where any member of the band showed even a tiny bit of self accountability for anything at all. It never happened and it was fascinating, and gross, to read about them blaming anyone and anything else for every bad thing that ever happened to them. Sure, they hammer away at themselves in a removed form of self deprecation - but they do it in a way that still manage to absolve them from any responsibility. It's pretty amazing that every single one of them has that same attitude. It must be from years of being told how awesome they were. Whatever it is, it let me with a changed perception of one of my favorite eighties bands - but as Tommy would say: "It's all good"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dirt.