AH's Reviews > Fractured Moon

Fractured Moon by E.R. Pierce

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: were, alpha-males, first-in-series, paranormal, zzread-mar-2012, romance
Read from March 04 to 06, 2012

Fractured Moon - 3.5 stars

Paranormal Romance is one of my guilty pleasures. I’ve always been a sucker for the mated pair/soul mate story. There’s something very primal about the mate bond and when werewolves are involved…I’ve got to read it.

Fractured Moon by debut author E.R. Pierce surprised me. I found myself lost in the story. This isn’t a caveman style “you’re my soul mate” story. No, it was about a couple that took the time to acknowledge their attraction and get to know each other first.

Aurelia is a character that I could easily relate to. Aurelia is 30, a bookstore owner, and a werewolf. Aurelia is the only daughter of the local alpha. Aurelia is a twin and shares a telepathic connection to her twin brother Ville. Her family provides her with loving support and protection.

Aurelia is not like the other werewolves. She is dysfunctional and unable to shift. As a result, she is shunned by a lot of the werewolves. Aurelia finds a way to cope with her “disability,” befriending a local wolf pack and joining Werewolves Anonymous.

Aurelia is surrounded by her friends and family. Her best friend Astrid fascinated me. A tattoo artist by day, a social coordinator during her free time, Astrid was a great friend for Aurelia.

I liked how Ceithan was introduced in the story. When Ceithan initially meets Aurelia, he is attracted to her however he was in a relationship. Once Ceithan realized that Aurelia may be his mate, Ceithan concluded his other relationship and took the time to get to know Aurelia. There’s a slow build up to some great sexy times. These two were hot together. As Michelle the Bookshelf Stalker says “…best shower scene ever.”

Fractured Moon is a solid debut for author E.R. Pierce. I’m looking forward to more great books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fractured Moon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dija (new) - added it

Dija This seems like a fabulous book! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, AH. :)

Greta is Erikasbuddy Awesome review!! I totally want to read this now!

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Thanks, Greta. Hope you enjoy it.