Lea (Between fantasy and reality)'s Reviews > Obsidian

May 28, 12

bookshelves: favorites, wishlist
Recommended for: everyone
Read in February, 2012, read count: 5

This book, when I first read it, was a pleasant surprise for me. I dont usually go for books with aliens but I decided to read this one because of all the good reviews I read. I must say it blew me away. Our heroine, Katy, is a great character.She is smart, funny and brave. And she is also a book lover and a blogger which was a great addition to the book. Book´s main male character, Daemon Black, is(for me at least) the best male character in literature. I fell in love with him, his story, his rude remarks, his sarcasm, but most of all, his courage and the love and protectivness he feels for his family. This book is full of chemistry between Katy and Daemon, it has many funny moments and emotional scenes with a few very steamy ones ( blowing up laptops since 2011 indeed). Obsidian doesnt lack action and nerve-wrecking situations, jelaousy and attraction. It is a great start of the series and I believe the sequels will be even better because Jennifer can always surprise me,in a good way. I cant wait for Onyx.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Quotes Lea (Between fantasy and reality) Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The day my internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number.”
tags: katy

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Thanks,” I muttered and added under my breath, “Douchebag.”

He laughed, deep and throaty. “Now that’s not very ladylike, Kittycat.”

I whipped around. “Don’t ever call me that,” I snapped.

“It’s better than calling someone a douchebag, isn’t it?” He pushed out the door. “This has been a stimulating visit. I’ll cherish it for a long time to come.”

Okay. That was it. “You know, you’re right. How wrong of me to call you a douchebag. Because a douchebag is too nice of a word for you,” I said, smiling sweetly. “You’re a dickhead.”

“A dickhead?” he repeated. “How charming.”

I flipped him off.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I bet you think things through, right? Accept candy
from strangers and get into vans with a sign that reads free Kittens?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“And this is why you don’t want me to be friends with Dee, because you were afraid that I’d find out the truth?”
“That, and you’re a human. Humans are weak. They bring us nothing but trouble.”
My eyes narrowed. “We aren’t weak. And you’re on our planet. How about a little respect, buddy.”
Amusement flickered in his emerald eyes. “Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“So the dickhead had a name. Daemon—seemed fitting. And of course his sister would be as attractive as him. Why not? Welcome to West
Virginia, the land of lost models.”
tags: katy

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You look like you got more of a bath than the car. I never
thought washing a car would be so hard, but after watching you for the last fifteen minutes, I’m convinced it should be an Olympic sport.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven’t locked yourself in any rooms or rocked in any corners, right?”
I rolled my eyes and began walking again. “No Daemon, but thanks for making sure I’m mentally sound and all.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“If she was mine, I'd cherish every inch of her. And I wanted to. Now”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
Holy Hawt Chemisty, Batman!
tags: lesa

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I don't think he meant to kiss me," I said finally.
"What? Did he slip and fall on your mouth? Those things are known to happen.”