Leslie's Reviews > Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins

Jan 31, 12

Another one Joshua read to me as part of his homework to read aloud to an adult. Once again he loves this series and I give the author lots of credit for appealing so much and so well to her target audience. Gregor is a likeable character and in many ways a good role model for my 8-year-old.

Unfortunately I still was not won over to this series myself having given it a another chance with this second installment. This book was more of the same that we got in the first book and it felt forced and stale this time around. I found myself thinking, "Do we really have to go through this again?" It's funny because I found myself thinking that very same thing when I read her second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy. She managed to pull it off there, but I'm just not feeling it with this series.

I'm willing to keep going as long as Joshua is and am definitely hoping to be able to change my opinion at some point during the journey. There are still 3 books left for that to happen!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane.