Emily's Reviews > An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Feb 15, 12

bookshelves: humor, young-adult, romance, audio
Read from January 31 to February 01, 2012

Oh, John Green, he is so cute. He's so CUTE, and he wants you to know it.

As people told me I would, I liked this book more than I've liked anything else I've read by John Green... but that still wasn't so much. The problem for me, I think, is that everything Green does right (as measured by me) is completely negated by his excruciating, over-the-top, bottomless quirkiness, and that of his characters. I'm not sorry to see the end of self-absorbed, OCD Colin, his manic pixie dream girl brigade, or his token non-white-fatty-comic-relief buddy.

Also, I really need to say fuck, fuck, fuckfuckFUCK! If I ever hear the word "fug" again it will be too soon.

Which reminds me, one thing I can say for this book is that the audio version is outstanding. Many laugh-out-loud moments that had everything to do with comic timing on the part of the narrator.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Abundance of Katherines.

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Have you read Will Grayson, Will Grayson? John Green only writes every other chapter but the book was very good.

Emily I have read it. I usually really like Levithan, but I found that book also to be very, very ridiculous. Particularly the ending. I can't blame that one entirely on Green, though. :)