BookHookup's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by Denise Grover Swank

Jan 31, 12

****this book was give to The Book Hookup by the author but did not influence the review****

Celeste’s review: I brought Chosen with me to my daughters’ dance class and before I knew it the entire hour had passed. This book is action from the word go. Emma is told by her 5 year old son, Jake, who can see the future: “the Bad Men are close”. Mother and son then race to their motel to gather their few belongings and make a quick get away. Our hero, Will, makes his entrance at this point and he has all the elements of swoon. I’m a sucker for a guy whose t-shirt stretches across his chest and has messy hair, carries guns……ok, I digress, back to the review!

Will has been hired to find and then deliver Emma to his employer. He needs to convince Emma to let him travel with them. Emma is reluctant but Jake (the 5 year old) insists he is a good person so Emma gives in. Ooooh, I had so many questions:

who are the “bad men”
why are they after Emma and her son
why was Will hired to find Emma, and what exactly is Jake since he can see the future?

I learned more as they continued their cross country journey looking for safety from the “bad men”. However, along the way a change occurs with Emma and Jake to add even more mystery. But changes also happen for Will, from a strange new tattoo (from Jake!), to his own battle within himself as he wants to protect Emma and her son instead of following through on his job.

The “bad men” once again track them down, but Emma gets injured during a chase which forces Will to make a critical decision. His choice to help her leads to some answers, but then more questions. I am dying to know what will happen!

The story was woven together so well and on several layers with no way for me to guess what would happen next. This book is a thriller with a paranormal twist, which equals WIN!

There were a few minor typos but not enough to bother me and any good editor would catch those things. All in all it was an absolutely fabulous read and I’m already onto book 2, Hunted, and delighted book 3, Sacrifice, will be out in March!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.