Sarah's Reviews > Halflings

Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: team-novel-teen-blog-tour
Recommended for: Twilight and Harry Potter fans alike
Read from February 03 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: once

This book started out with a bang, and sucked me in for an enticing stay. If you love strong female leads, motorcycles, young love triangles, infectious mystery, scientists with dark intentions, handsome protectors and "wolves" you are in for a delectable treat.

I absolutely loved being introduced to Nikki Youngblood and her unique world, as well as her protectors, the Halflings. Nikki is really just a girl trying to find and be herself, ultimately, in the midst of some rather strange happenings. I loved how genuine and unique her character is, and how she clings to being her authentic self throughout the whole story. I definitely found myself identifying with her on more than one occasion.

As far as the Halflings are concerned though: THEY ROCKED! I loved that they came across as being normal-yet-supernatural teen guys with wings, tricky situations to muster through and that they were such strong fighters for souls that are at stake, including Nikki's. I was kind of worried about how Heather Burch would conquer the whole half angel/half human shctick since it's been done a few times already in literature, but she totally pulled it off and made it her own. All of the Halflings in the novel were totally believable for what they were created to be, including the group of female Halflings and the other members of Mace, Raven and Vine's band of heaven-side team mates, which I quite liked.

Needless to say I'm very excited about reading the other two books in this series (Guardian is the next in this trilogy's lineup, due out sometime this October.) The writing was extremely clever and the pacing throughout the entirety of the novel was simply perfection.
Heather BurchHalflings
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halflings.

02/03/2012 page 1
02/17/2012 page 221
77.0% 3 comments
02/18/2012 page 288
100.0% "Bring on book two, because this one was amazing!"
show 6 hidden updates…