Abbie's Reviews > Highland Crossings

Highland Crossings by Pamela Griffin

May 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian-historical-fiction, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read on February 14, 2012

This is the 2nd book of the series Romancing America that I have read and I really like them. They are a group of shorter stories but they fit together in such a way that it seems like one book. I am looking forward to reading more of these books.

What I liked: The first story starts out in Scotland with Seona. She sails to the new world to get away from certain death. Along the way she finds love and we learn about the early settlements of America. Each story has different plots and characters but builds on the story before it some. It’s also the same family just generations forward. A good read.

What I did not like: The last two stories the two main characters did not know each other very long at all or spend a lot of time together yet they fell in love very fast. Just not as believable as the first two stories where there was more time (story would jump forward weeks or months) for the characters to interact.

Over all I liked this book and recommend this book. It’s an easy and quick read which can be nice when your looking for something not as deep as a regular novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Crossings.

02/14/2012
50.0% "Good book so far."