Marionette22's Reviews > The Heroes

The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie

Feb 19, 12

Read from January 30 to February 19, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heroes.

Quotes Marionette22 Liked

Joe Abercrombie
“The smell of it. The feel of it." He rubbed one hand up and down the stained sheath of his sword, making a faint swishing sound. "War is honest. There's no lying to it. You don't have to say sorry here. Don't have to hide. You cannot. If you die? So what? You die among friends. Among worthy foes. You die looking the Great Leveller in the eye. If you live? Well, lad that's living, isn't it? A man isn't truly alive until he's facing death." Whirrun stamped his foot into the sod. "I love war!”
Joe Abercrombie, The Heroes

Joe Abercrombie
“Get what you can with words, because words are free, but the words of an armed man ring that much sweeter.”
Joe Abercrombie, The Heroes

01/31/2012
02/05/2012
8.0% "How do I acess the page numbers vs. percentage? I have no accurate way to guess; and like always Joe Abercrombie is marvelous...but takes a bit to get into if you've been away from his style for a while (and been reading very simple books, lol)."
02/13/2012
50.0% "I love you Gorst...in all your splendid murderous intent and seemingly rupturing heart."
02/13/2012
50.0% "I love you Gorst...in all your splendid murderous intent and seemingly rupturing heart...PS: where the Hell is Glocka and Jezal? Ferro? Ninefingers? Oh well...at least the Dogman is there."
02/17/2012
85.0% "Whirrun of Bligh, you better not freaking die; your to interesting and delightfully, wonderfully, willfully insane :)PS: where the Hell is Glocka and Jezal? Ferro? Ninefingers? Oh well...at least the Dogman is here..."
02/17/2012
85.0% "Whirrun of Bligh, you better not freaking die; your too interesting and delightfully, wonderfully, willfully insane :)PS: where the Hell is Glocka and Jezal? Ferro? Ninefingers? Oh well...at least the Dogman is here..."
02/19/2012
100.0% "SPOILER!! you fucking killed Whirrun of Bligh; yes I know you were trying to impress on the reader that anything in war is possible and its not just the guy your face-to-face fighting it everyone else...but FUCK! A spear? Really? Fuck you."
show 1 hidden update…