Nellie's Reviews > Breathless

Breathless by Scott Prussing

Mar 01, 2012

liked it
Read in February, 2012

At times I felt slightly disconnected from the characters. I thought their actions were unrealistic for the situation they were in. Overall, I thought it was a knockoff from Twilight, like most vampire stories are now, but that is what the author claims in the following info from the book itself. It was good, just not awesome. It was fun enough to read the series. I would't let my teen daughter read it, just because of the roomate comments, and their behavior. Ther was only comments from her roommates, and only a couple cuss words.
College freshman Leesa Nyland has been fascinated by vampires since she was three years old. That’s when her mom started acting weird, refusing to go outside during the day and insisting the sunlight hurt her skin because she had been bitten by a one-fanged vampire…But fascinated doesn’t mean Leesa believes—any more than she believes in blue fire, people who live for centuries, and kisses that can kill. When her beloved older brother suddenly disappears, she is forced to confront all these and more. She must also decide what to do about her mysterious new boyfriend. She knows Rave likes her a lot—so why won’t he kiss her? Breathless is the first book in The Blue Fire Saga, a modern fantasy romance series in the mold of Twilight and Vampire Diaries, but filled with enough new ideas to excite even the most devoted fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathless.