Jinnie Lee's Reviews > The Fixer Upper

The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews

Jan 30, 12

Recommended for: Angie Trigg, because the story is similar to her own
Read in January, 2012, read count: 1

Oh, the empty calories! And one of the books I've most enjoyed during this start-of-the-new-year in which I've had such trouble getting engrossed in the books I've picked up! (Although my numbers actually make me realize I'm doing better than I feel like I am.) Anyway, this is "beach read" type story about a heroine who suffers a setback in the big, ugly city (WDC), retreats to small-town Georgia to fix up the family home, discovers her passion for renovation as well as the perfect romance (of course...because life ALWAYS works out THAT way!). This story just happened to hit on all cylinders for me - my political past, my life in GA, and my interest in interior design (not to mention a good, light love story). And, surprisingly, I have a friend who is living essentially the same "renovating the family estate" story in real life, so I'm going to send it to her as it may be good for a chuckle (I'll find her blog about it and share here in a comment.) I must admit, I'll look for more by Mary Kay Andrews the next time I need a good "escape" read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fixer Upper.