Kilikina 's Reviews > Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Feb 07, 13

Read from February 07 to 08, 2013

.....I'm so confused right now. What happened..? I feel like this book was on a completely different level from the first...and not in a good way either.

The love triangle was absolutely the downfall of this. Juliette spent waaaaay too much time trying to sort out her feelings/going back and forth between Warner and Adam. I feel like everyone lost the qualities I liked about them in the first book: Juliette turned into a crying mess and both Warner and Adam turned sappy and jealous of each other.

The book definitely lacked the intensity that Shatter Me had, so maybe that's why I feel like this story went no where? I don't know. I'm just so disappointed right now...:/

------------------------------------
Meh. I would adore this cover except I've seen that 'eye' floating around the Internet for a while now. They've tweaked it, but still. Why not do something totally original?

Oh well, still excited though :]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nicole I don't understand the eye at all lol
and I think it matches the cover of the paperback of shatter me

message 2: by Kilikina (last edited Jun 21, 2012 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kilikina I don't understand what the eye has to do with anything either..?
But yes, I agree it matches the paperback but not the hardcover lol totally opposite. Both are pretty though.

message 3: by Vixen (new) - added it

Vixen I completely agree with you on the cover. I wanted something incredibly amazing, but I get a frosted eyelash eye. Let down u_u
...but most likely I still will probably read the book lol. XDDD

Katy Yeah, I thought this book was a huge disappointment after an incredible debut and strong novella.

Kilikina So glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I hope the third one makes up for this sequel.

Katy I hope so. The end has me excited that she's finally gotten over the moping stage. It's about time.