Camila Gonzalez's Reviews > I am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee

I am Scout by Charles J. Shields

F 50x66
Jan 30, 12

Read in January, 2012

I found I am Scout to be somewhat interesting. I didn’t really know anything about Harper Lee before reading this book. It was interesting to read the experiences that inspired the author to write TKAM. Though TKAM is one of my least favorite books, I found Harper Lee’s life to fulfilling. It was interesting to read the process she had to go through in order to write her first novel. The book tells the journey of her life from being a child to her adulthood. Also, having read I am Scout I was able to make the characters from TKAM come alive. My favorite part in the book was the process it took in order to film the movie. I loved the fact that the actors made it a point to connect with the characters from the book. After having read I am Scout I would recommend adult audiences to read this book to be able to relate better to TKAM. With that being said, I do not believe this book should ever be taught in a middle grades classroom. Very few teenagers would find this book to be interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I am Scout.