Shawna's Reviews > Rock Chick Revenge

Rock Chick Revenge by Kristen Ashley

Jan 03, 15

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, format-ebook, author-kristen-ashley, series-rock-chick, kindle, favorite-romance-series, heroine-makeover, childhood-ties-friends-sweethearts, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, bikers-sexy-as-sin, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, unrequited-love-crush, chick-lit, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, hero-brooding, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, love-triangle-vying-courtships, 2012-reads, action-packed, bdsm-kink, bdsm-lite-mild, best-endings-epilogues, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, best-friendships, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, pov-first-person, friends-to-lovers, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-alpha, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-commoner-self-made, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-i-wanna-marry, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-girl-next-door, heroine-i-hated-nearly-ruined-book, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, heroine-undeserving-of-awesome-hero, hh-warrior, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, i-read-kindle, i-read-own-faves-keepers, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, romantic-suspense, steam-3-hot, stalker-alert, violence-reader-discretion-advised, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hero-reformed-rake-player, assassin-hitman, 4-stars, heroine-wishy-washy-whiplash-award, heroine-tstl, heroine-wtf-does-hero-see-in-her
Recommended for: KA fans
Read from April 19 to 21, 2012

4 stars – Chick lit/Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

If I rated this based on the heroine it would get 1 star because Ava topped the annoying b*tchometer until around the 65% mark and even after that was still ungrateful and somewhat irritating. Without a doubt, yummalicious, handcuff wielding, uber alpha badass Luke Stark made and saved this book.

‘Nough said.

Peace Out and Rock On!

*****Edited from original rating/review*****

I bumped this from a somewhat lackluster 4 stars to a stronger, more solid 4+ after finishing Rock Chick Regret, loving the series, and eventually growing to like Ava. Besides, Luke Stark is one of the most badass, studtastic members of the Hot Bunch!

20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick Revenge.

Quotes Shawna Liked

Kristen Ashley
“I’d pay a man to talk to me that way.”

Kristen Ashley
“I figured the Nightingale Investigations job application form had the question "Are you hot? Yes. No. If you answered no, please exit the building.”

Kristen Ashley
“I'm not stupid, I know your heart's involved in this and I've never, not once in all the time you've known me, given you the idea that I won't handle it with care.”
tags: luke

25.0% "I'm on a Rock Chick kick. :)" 1 comment
64.0% "Ava might very well be the most annoying of the Rock Chick brigade, and that's really saying something." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

~ Becs ~ She was my least favourite Shawna and I had such a crush on Luke too - I didn't think she was good enough for him and she was such a bitch!

Shawna OMG, Ava drove me batsh*t crazy! I mean seriously. She's been in crush/love with Luke since the age of 8, works her ass off to lose 75 freakin' pounds to look good for their eventual reunion, and then he falls on her like a starving man but she pushes him away?!?! WTF?!?!?! Exasperating Award!

But I still love this zany series, LOL!

~ Becs ~ LOL - I love it too Shawna. Can't wait for you to read Hector and Sadie - that's right up there with Vance and Jules for me.

I have to refer to them as couples rather than book titles as I can never remember which is which!

Shawna I couldn't find my perfect Luke pic, but I figured handcuffs were a fitting representation. LOL!

I'm looking forward to the next two RC books!

message 5: by ~Megan~ (new) - added it

~Megan~ Ugh, another annoying chick? This is why I keep putting off finishing this series.

message 6: by Shawna (last edited Apr 21, 2012 08:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Megan, Some readers seem to like Ava, so maybe you'll get lucky and she won't bother you like she did me. Luke is worth it though!

Karla I agree with you about Ava. I liked a lot of the other Rock Chicks much better than her, and Luke definitely was the shining star in this book. Great review Shawna!

message 8: by Shawna (last edited Apr 21, 2012 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Thanks, Karla! Yeah, I just thought she was too whiny and b*tchy most of the time for Super Cool Luke Stark. But the Good Ava/Bad Ava thing was pretty funny!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Very true about Ava! Wonderfully said, Shawna. I think you have the same view of this series as me. Not you're favorite KA series but are very glad you've read them (well, most of them. Lol). My favorite book in this series is book 7. I'll be curious to see what you think of that book. For me, that book felt more like her other series.

Shawna Kristen, Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been getting GR notices recently/consistently. Ugh!

I enjoyed this series to bits, even though Indy, Jet, and Ava got on my nerves and the plots are ridiculously zany.

RC Regret #7, Sadie and Hector, is definitely my favorite as well.

message 11: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Apr 25, 2012 09:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I didn't know you read that book. Gah. Goodreads is so messed up. I'm not get half my alerts and I don't think everyones reviews or updates are showing in my feeds. It's very frusterating. I'll go search for your review.

Shawna Soooo frustrating! I've experienced a bunch of GR issues lately, and I'm not getting a daily feed all. So just know I'm not ignoring you if I don't reply to something! LOL! :)

KatLynne Love your review Shawna and the handcuffs are perfect!:)

Shawna Thanks, KatLynne! I enjoyed this book, despite Ava driving me crazy, 'cause of how much I loved Luke.

It's interesting...I gained much deeper appreciation for the earlier books and liked the annoying Chicks (Indy, Jet, and Ava) more as the series progressed. Rock Chick Regret was my favorite, and I was really sad when it was over 'cause I seriously missed the Rock Chick brigade. It made me want to go back and reread them all. At least there's still Ally's book to look forward to!

KatLynne I feel exactly the same Shawna. I came to love these Rock Chics with all their craziness:) I have Rock Chick Regret left and really looking forward to Hector's story.

Shawna Rock Chick Regret was my favorite of the series. I loved it!

message 17: by TJ (new)

TJ You are seriously cracking me up, Shawna... clicking the shelves this book goes on must take longer than reading the actual story!!

You do make me want to attempt another series with this one, though :)

Shawna I don't know about that 'cause KA's books are pretty darn long, LOL! And her books are totally addictive, so if you do start this series then be forewarned that you might not be able to stop. :)

My shelves are so high maintenance and a royal pain in the @$# sometimes but I'm too OCD to stop. :)