Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Willing Victim

Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read from January 30 to February 01, 2012

I really, really enjoyed reading this novella. I like the fact that the characters are ordinary people. She is an underachieving engineer working as a waitress. He is a construction worker who fights during nights in an underground den. No superhero here, no captains of industry --- just two people you might have even met on the street.

I like McKenna's voice. I find it very authentic even though the situations might not be common. Despite the slightly stalkerish feel of Lauren chasing Flynn at the very beginning of the story, somehow it feels believable to me. I love their interactions, and I admire both the simplicity and complexity of the hero.

Obviously the sex scenes are raging hot, although there is nothing really scary about it. Not once did I feel that Lauren was abused or is not in control. Even the BDSM elements are pretty mild. However, Flynn is a dirty talker that can get you going. : )

Overall, for a novella, it feels very fleshed out. McKenna took the time to really give us a glimpse to the psyche of lauren and even Flynn through his actions. I like that the ending is slightly open-ended considering the length of the time they knew each other.

One thing for sure, I will be looking for more titles from this author

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willing Victim.

Lynsey I love this one too! You are absolutely right about Flynn. His character is really interesting and he is THE best dirty talker!!

Yz the Whyz Lynsey wrote: "I love this one too! You are absolutely right about Flynn. His character is really interesting and he is THE best dirty talker!!"

So, true. : )