Benjamin's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-Smith

Feb 03, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, alt-history, vampires
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2012

On the one hand it was a very easy read and was well researched (the non-vampire parts anyway). On the other, I didn't buy the premise of vampires being behind the Civil War at all. Plus, I got really annoyed that the author had to quote the secret Lincoln dairy several times a page, which tended to take me out of the narrative. Frankly, I wouldn't have read this if a friend from work hadn't given it to me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider You know, it's dangerous and kinda difficult to research vamps. *Gulp* You do what you gotta do, but yanno???

Benjamin Maria wrote: "You know, it's dangerous and kinda difficult to research vamps. *Gulp* You do what you gotta do, but yanno???"

LOL I wouldn't know. I've never tried. But I think I could handle it without becoming the next meal. Probably the best way would be to have a fellow researcher then sacrifice them to sate the vampire. Want to help me out? :P

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider Benjamin wrote: "Maria wrote: "You know, it's dangerous and kinda difficult to research vamps. *Gulp* You do what you gotta do, but yanno???"

LOL I wouldn't know. I've never tried. But I think I could handle ..."

Benjamin Maria wrote: "How about I just tell you about the research I did and save you the trouble. :>) I doubt things have changed that much since the last time I researched."

That would be helpful, thank you! Though I have to asked how you managed it safely. There must be a trick...

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider Benjamin wrote: "Maria wrote: "How about I just tell you about the research I did and save you the trouble. :>) I doubt things have changed that much since the last time I researched."

That would be helpful, thank..."

Holy water and a blessed crucifix actually works (But you gotta BELIEVE, man.) It helps if you set it up ahead of time and the vamp needs something you have (besides blood. Never negotiate that) And never take anything from the vamp in payment. You learn what you learn by watching and listening. You take what you can get and get out. Just hope you never need a favor from one.