Nathanael Victor's Reviews > The Sirens of Titan

The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut

Jan 30, 12

The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. was an okay book to read. the story line was confusing but I liked how it started out in media res. the twist and turns the book take are fin but difficult to follow. To learn about the chrono-synclastic infundibulum and how it dematerialization and materialization you in random places of the universe.

I would suggest this book to any one that likes a book with twist and turns to keep you on your toes with interest. I will let you enjoy the splendor and faults of the book for yourself. If you are into the science fiction and space sort of books this book is perfect for you. The thrills you will face in the book are ever increasing and as you realize what’s going on you realize the greatness of the plot.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr.’s manner of telling the story is one that takes a focused mind to really comprehend. He introduces a new character in an unorthodox way by having some of them have their own sort of back story. “Who the main character?” is question that will rattle you for a long time. Later you will figure out for yourself. I cannot see my self as any of the characters but my favorite character would be Winston Niles Rumfoord because he can travel across everywhere so quickly and it would be awesome to be able to travel around they galaxy.

This book has many strong points; the book also has flaws as well. One of the flaws that the Vonnegut makes is that the plot of the story starts confusing. On the other hand during the story it is less difficult to follow along as you piece the story together. The book points out most things that people wouldn’t really understand like who the real protagonist and who the real antagonist are.

All in all I would give this book a three out of five because the way it started had me very confused but the changes that occur really pop out to me. Knowing nothing about this book prior to reading this let a huge part of it a confusing road. The good points within the book really are portrayed well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sirens of Titan.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Ambrose B+. I think it's great that you are reading this author. You present a very balanced review here. Well done.