Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > Between the Lines

Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, contemporary, cover-love, e-books, young-adult, favorites, gorgeous-guys, series, multiple-pov-s
Read from January 30 to February 05, 2012

I try to be rational and suppress the hope that this is for real, but hope has a way of closing its eyes to reason and it just keeps growing.

Reid Alexander. The ever popular teen actor who is used to getting what he wants especially girls. When a new movie for him comes up and his co-star presents an undeniably good chemistry with him, he sets his eyes for her. And the more time they spent witn each other, the more he thinks he falls for her. Emma Pierce. The ever shy upcoming teen actress is not that type of girl who engages with Reid's parties and stuffs. Although she feels and acknowledge the undeniable chemistry between her and Reid, she still questions his true motives with her while also feeling curious and intrigued by another co-star with the name on Graham Douglas. Being the star on her debut film, Emma is overwhelmed with the new lifestyle presented to her and everything that is going on around her. With the assumptions, rumors and drama running around them together with secrets yet to be uncovered, the real love and action on-screen may happen just between the lines of those screens.

I simply adored this book. I love that it wasted no time to jump into action. Once you started reading it the action of the story is there. I liked the lighthearted approach to the premise of Emma getting her first major acting job with the gorgeous Reid Alexander.

I love stories that are told in different POV's becasue we can get to see the side of both characters and it is one of those reasons why i loved this book for it was told on the POV of Emma and Reid. This helped a lot for us readers to be more involved on the story and know the reasons between the action of another character to another. I liked reading in Emma's POV, she's just a true sweetheart and is kind to everyone and a people-pleaser. On Reids POV? well, at sometimes i just wanted to beat the crap out of him but at times i also wanted to go and hug him with all my might. well, you can't blame me! he's still gorgeous. Though Emma and Reid are the main characters in here, i still can't stop thinkong about the character Graham. I just love him. Period. Though just a co-star, he's still very intriguing. There is really more than meets the eye with this character. He's just so real. Gosh. I can't help but swoon over him. I love the scenes between him and Emma. And I think they are really meant to be together. SPOILER ALERT! HAHA

It is one of those books that are really hard to predict how the story would flow. Too unpredictable i should say. While reading it, i'm trying to guess and figure out the outcome but i still find myself surprise with the things that happened. The characters and the unravelling secrets will surely tickle your curiosity and minds.

It was a fast and a very fun read but also ventures into serious topics for both the characters. It would surely make you take a good grip at it and would make you feel very thrilled with its sequel. This is one of those books that would keep you hooked from the beginning till the end.

Of course don't forget to check out its sequel: Where You Are

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Lines.

Quotes Karla (Reads and Thoughts) Liked

Tammara Webber
“That's how they say it: He loves you in his own way. Well, what about my way? What if I need for him to love me in my way?”
Tammara Webber, Between the Lines