Judy's Reviews > A Place Called Home

A Place Called Home by Jo Goodman

Jan 30, 2012

Read in January, 1949

This is the first book I’ve read by this Author. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the fact that this story wasn’t cut and dried. It had a few twists and turns and I found it to be a real page turner.

Thea Wyndham and Mitch Baker first met each other at the wedding of their good friends Gabe and Kathy.
Mitch was interested in Thea when he met her at the wedding but Thea wasn’t interested in dating Mitch. Over the years they would see each other at functions that Gabe and Kathy invited them to. Both were fond of the children, Emilie, Case and Grant.

Suddenly Mitch and Thea are thrown together due to the death of Gabe and Kathy. Gabe and Kathy had written in their Will that if anything happened to them, they wanted Mitch and Thea to share jointly in raising their children.

To further complicate things Thea is engaged to Joel Strahern. He is much older than what she is. He absolutely does not want any more children in his life other than his own children and grandchildren.

Mitch is dating Regina (Gina) Sommers. She is much younger than Mitch and not too interested in Emilie, Cash, and Grant.

Now that Mitch and Thea have joint custody of the children they are spending a lot of time together. Mitch is enjoying this much more than Thea. Will Mitch and Thea ever work out their differences?

This is a book that you don’t want to miss!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Place Called Home.