Negine's Reviews > Ashes of Honor

Oct 13, 12

bookshelves: favorites, all-nighter
Read from August 30 to September 05, 2012, read count: 2

LOVED ❤

I've inhaled the book and listened to the audiobook - yes, I'm a bit obsessed - which is how I devoured the first five books, so I continued the tradition! And Mary Robinette Kowal is the voice of Toby for me; she truly brings the characters to life!

Of the numerous Urban Fantasy series I am currently reading the October Daye series has become by far my favorite. Not only did Ashes of Honor solidify that fact but after reading that last chapter? Well, it made me into a fan-girl of epic proportions ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes of Honor.

08/30/2012 "It's here early!! Squee!!!" 3 comments
09/01/2012 page 166
47.03% "SO so good...coming up for air and coffee...I think Toby would approve ;-)"
09/01/2012 page 216
61.19% "AWWWWW!!! <3<3<3" 4 comments
09/02/2012 page 353
100.0% "Oh my little Tybalt loving heart! This book was just sublime. happy sigh:)))"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susana It really was! I can't wait to read more about Toby's world. Especially when it comes to her relationship to Tybalt. :)

Negine Just finished listening to the audiobook! The "reread" was even better since it forced me to slow down and listen. I love this book and series so much I'm having a hard time writing a review and moving it to my "read" shelf :(

Susana Oh, i imagine so! :) With these books that one loves they sometimes tend to be"devoured" in a single gulp and not thoroughly appreciated, lol, well, that's what sometimes happen to me!

I know what you mean. I also didn't exacly know what i should start next. But since a GR friends had just started a book that i also had to read _ "dragon bound" _ i decided to start it as well. Kind of a "buddy read". :)

Negine The thing is, "Ashes of Honor" is still very vivid in my mind, and i'm not appreciating all that much the one i'm reading. :(

Same here!

I noticed you're a fan of Nalini Singh's as well (Yay!) - I just read Archangel's Storm and I thought it was amazing and so different from the previous book!

Susana Yes, i am! I love her psy-changeling and guild-hunter series. What amazing characters the author created!
I received my edition of "archangel's storm" yesterday, so that one will probably be my next read... :)

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen I'm trying to find a new UF series to sink my teeth into, but I want it to have some romance. Not too much, though.

message 7: by Negine (last edited Dec 28, 2012 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Negine Oh my goodness you MUST check this series out! The October Daye series is my most favorite UF series at the moment! It's definitely light on the romance...yet an oh so satisfying, slow burn and swoon-worthy one. The first couple of books have been hit or miss with many but I would urge you to stick to them as they get better and better!

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Ok, so it's either the WVMP radio series or this October Daye series. Hmmm... I think maybe I'll start with WMVP cuz it's a completed series, right?? This one still has more books to come.

message 9: by Negine (last edited Dec 28, 2012 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Negine Kathleen wrote: "Ok, so it's either the WVMP radio series or this October Daye series. Hmmm... I think maybe I'll start with WMVP cuz it's a completed series, right?? This one still has more books to come."

Yeah, this one is no where near finished! Yes, WVMP is a completed series. Lighter on the surface than most UF series but with complicated characterization and moral insight...plus no one I know has read the last book I need someone to talk to about it! Lol!

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Ha, ha! I'll let you know if I get that far!