Margaret Metz's Reviews > The Accidental Bride

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter

May 01, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 29 to 31, 2012

I wasn't sure about the premise of this book but the characters . . . they reached in, grabbed my heart (right out of my chest), and stole it. I was hooked from that point on.

Shay is almost like this wounded animal that you want to help -- but she is still strong enough to stand on her own and just hurting enough that she might strike out at you instead of accepting any help. You can't help but admire her desire to stand on her own two feet -- yet at the same time you're screaming at her to accept help and open up her heart and take a chance.

Travis is the epitome of the knight in shining armor. Except he doesn't wear armor - and he has a guilt trip about a mile wide and long from hurting Shay when they were younger. Okay, so maybe his "armor" has some dings in it, but it was a boy that hurt Shay - a man has ridden to the rescue now - and he loves her more than ever.

This was a great romance. I'm glad I bought it so I can cuddle up and enjoy it over and over whenever I want.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Bride.