Lisa's Reviews > The Screwtape Letters

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

Jul 04, 07

Recommended for: everyone
Read in June, 2007

This was my first C.S. Lewis book - I kept meaning to read the Narnia Chronicles, but never got around to it. Now I'm completely addicted to his writing, and plan to read many more of his books.

The Screwtape Letters is written from the perspective of an advanced demon (Screwtape), writing to his nephew, Wormwood. It takes a minute when you start the book to wrap your brain around the point of view - but once you realize what is going on, it really makes you think from different angles.

I knew Lewis was brilliant - this book is really amazing when you think about how you'd have to just immerse yourself in this train of thought to write a book like this and to follow all the rules it sets up for itself.

It's short, it's a quick read, and it will make you think - I recommend it to everybody.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Screwtape Letters.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zach Judkins thats a good review:)!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa hey zach, you know that this review is not from your aunt lisa, right?

Zach Judkins nope:) I thought i knew who wrote this review, haha. but it doesen't matter. This is still a terrific review.

Lisa thanks anyway zach! ;)