Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)'s Reviews > Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01

Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 by Natsumi Ando

Sep 10, 2015

bookshelves: manga, children-young-adult, diverse-reads, 2015
Read from September 01 to 06, 2015

Kitchen Princess is such a cute story! I love Najika, and her love of cooking and making food that people enjoy! I loved seeing her go to Seika Academy, where she feels like she doesn't belong- and she certainly doesn't see her cooking as magical or as a special skill. Both are things I think we can all relate to at some point in our lives.

I'm really intrigued by Sora and Daichi, and who gave Najika the silver spoon! I know it's one of them, and I can't wait to learn who it was. And who Najika will end up with, because I'm pretty sure she'll end up with one of them at some point in the series.

I also loved the recipes at the end, and it really makes me want to cook! Actually, there is something about Najika that reminds of Tohru from Fruits Basket- I think it's in how they both want to make sure others are okay, and how positive they are. I really liked the illustrations, and I'm amazed at how the drawings told a story, even when there were no words to describe what was going on.

My Rating: 4 stars. I really liked it, and I'll definitely keep reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01.

09/01/2015 marked as: currently-reading