Stacey's Reviews > When Darkness Comes

When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy

Feb 08, 12

Read from February 01 to 06, 2012

I bought When Darkness Comes because it was part of bundle special through Amazon. Even though the bundle is books 1, 2, and 7 (what?) I couldn't resist the price and the reviews looked pretty good. I knew nothing about this series beyond the couple reviews I'd read, but decided to give it try because I seem to be in a 'wing it' state of mind with regard to my reading choices these days. And I am very happy to say I really enjoyed this book!

Dante is your stereo typical uber hot, super strong, chronologically gifted vampire who has a penchant for the saying "devil spit" at times when one would say "son of a biscuit". A few hundred years ago he found himself the unwilling guardian of The Chalice, a spirit goddess who's job it is to keep the evil at bay.

Abby is the personal assistant of the woman who holds the spirit of The Chalice. Abby is a loner, no family or friends, and really has no compulsion to do anything but make sure her rent is paid and secretly swoon over the mysterious Dante. She is in one heck of a rut until someone kills her boss and she finds herself the holder of The Chalice when the spirit transfers itself to Abby. She is now the bearer of unspeakable power she has no idea how to control.

When Darkness Comes is the story of Dante and Abby fighting off the bad guys, who are hell-bent on destroying The Chalice once and for all, while trying to find a way to release Abby of this burden. Dante and Abby have great chemistry. They're both sarcastic and witty and pretty refreshing as characters. They do not fight their attraction and take advantage of it whenever they can spare a minute or fifteen or a day from fighting the bad guys. You don't have to put alot of thought into this book, it's a quick read and the plot is just thick enough to keep you in the story and interested in the characters and what the happen upon next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Darkness Comes.

02/02/2012 "These two are too cute!"
02/02/2012 ""Stay behind me, and if your sense anything, let me know," he whispered against her mouth. She swallowed heavily as he pulled back. "I promise you'll be the first to hear me scream.""
02/02/2012 "He flashed a superior smile. "I'll admit you have stubbornness down to an art form, but I've had four centuries to perfect my own. You don't stand a chance." Her smile was even more superior. "Four centuries is nothing. I'm a woman.""

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~V~ Fyi...this is one of those series that gets better w/ each book! :)

Stacey Ok, thanks for the heads-up!! I couldn't resist the bundle price, even though the bundle is books 1,2&7...weird...

~V~ Stacey wrote: "Ok, thanks for the heads-up!! I couldn't resist the bundle price, even though the bundle is books 1,2&7...weird..."

That IS weird..it's a series...why would they do that!? I read the first 5 in paperback..still have to read the last couple of books

Stacey Who knows? But still, three books for just over the price of one paperback :)

~V~ Stacey wrote: "Who knows? But still, three books for just over the price of one paperback :)"

OH!..nice!..that is a good price! :)

♡♥Ang ♥♡ this is one of my fav series :) hope you enjoy them

Stacey Hiya, Ang! So far I am really enjoying this read!! Great character chemistry :)