Margaret's Reviews > The Coffee Shop

The Coffee Shop by Lauren  Hunter

Jan 30, 12

Read in November, 2011

As I started reading I wondered what was going to happen. I was a little confused at first because I did not know where the story was going to start and who the main characters were. But after I was introduced to the main characters, very creatively, I got the feeling that this book was going to be a funny one.
As I read more I started to get to know the characters. Derrick, to me, is the type of guy who in high school, did not know how to talk to a girl he likes. And every time he opens his mouth in the book, I am laughing about how much he puts his foot in his mouth. Annie comes across as the shy type. She has a down to earth personality and does things on her own and her way. These two characters together remind me that not everyone is perfect, and that a relationship is meant to be fun.
I love the dates that they go on, especially the first one. The lunch in the park was extremely funny. I love what Annie says when she finds out that Derrick is rich. It is the type of thing that most of us think of when we think of a rich person who has nothing to do but spend their money. Their weird sayings during the dates have me agreeing with what they say and laughing along with them. I am getting extremely entertained whenever they get together.
Just when I thought I knew where the story was going, a curve ball happened. It was definitely straight out of left field. It did, however, make the story a little confusing as well as interesting. I officially cannot wait to find out what will happen next. I love when authors throw curve balls, but I did not like this particular curve ball.
By the time I was done reading the book, I realized why the author wrote what she wrote. Trying to find the perfect life is not what it is cracked up to be. Just because you think you can change the past does not mean it makes the future you want.
This book was funny and confusing all at the same time. I am glad I had the opportunity to read it. I have to say that my opinion of what happens in dreams, the ones you remember, might actually happen.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coffee Shop.