Christina's Reviews > Dark Soul Vol. 4

Dark Soul Vol. 4 by Aleksandr Voinov

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: m-m-romance, short-stories, favorites, crime, erotica
Read from February 25 to 26, 2012

*****Review Contains Spoilers******

Another phenomenal Dark Soul installment! There's so much going on in these 3 short stories, I don't know where to begin. I loved every minute of it. Aleksandr Voinov has such a beautiful way with words which leaves me utterly captivated and always wanting more.

In Dark Soul 4, each story is told from Stefano's POV. Stefano is a complete mess. He's struggling with his feelings and doesn't know how to deal with any of them.

In Dark Rival I, we see the beginning of Stefano's world crumbling. His capos are questioning him and his decision to have Silvio "help" with the Russians. Stefano not only has to deal with his men but Silvio and Franco are away and all he can think about is his need for Silvio. His fantasies aren't ending with just Silvio though. Nope, now Stefano is thinking about both Spadaro brothers. HA, he can't even come to terms with how he feels for Silvio, how the hell can he deal with wanting both of them?

In Dark Rival II, Silvio and Franco return from having successfully gotten rid of the Russians. Stefano finally gives in to Silvio's advances and Stefano realizes how much he enjoys being the one to fulfill Slivio's needs. Stefano, however once again finds himself in trouble. This time with his wife Donata. She suspects Stefano is having an affair and confronts him. Stefano denies it but in the end he admits he doesn't want to lose her, thereby telling Donata all she needs to know.

An important part of this story is a conversation that Stefano and Franco have. Franco is preparing to leave and he knows he can't give Silvio what he wants. He tells Stefano exactly what Silvio needs and makes it known that Stefano is in deep with Silvio. Franco gets right to the point with Stefano by telling him: "Silvio wants to belong. Make him". God I love this line. It just give me chills. Franco leaving sets up an emotional collision between Silvio and Stefano. Silvio deals with it the only way he knows how, by looking for sex and Stefano isn't liking it one bit.

In Dark Temptation, Stefano faces the repercussions of Franco leaving head on. Stefano makes his decision to go after Silvio. I love Stefano's possessiveness and raw emotions. He wants Silvio and no one is standing in his way. When he sees Silvio at the bar picking up 2 cops, I could feel the tension and jealously pouring out from him. This leads to a hot hotel scene and now there's no turning back for Stefano.

I loved the ending but now I'm left with a ton of questions. Stefano knows what Silvio needs and of course Stefano wants to be the one to give it to him but can he without his entire world falling apart? Uggg, only one more book left with all these unresolved issues. This makes me very nervous.

I can't wait until Dark Soul 5!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Soul Vol. 4.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Hey nice one Chris! I had these on my TBR and then I deleted it. Maybe it's time to put these back on, AGAIN.

Christina LOL Wendy. I love this series but it is very dark and hmmm how do I say this. It deals with a very taboo issue and it is explicit. I don't want to give anything away but sometimes certain issues can be disturbing to some. If you ever want more details let me know.

Will you be starting TA soon?

message 3: by Wendy (last edited Feb 26, 2012 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wendy Oh see TA's another one I have to read. I tell you, I need cloning. While one goes to work and does the mundane things, and the other half can just read away! LOL.

Christina Hehe, I know the feeling.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you wait 3 weeks to find out what happens......?

Wendy Hey Chris, the TA series. Are they short reads?

Christina Kate wrote: "Can you wait 3 weeks to find out what happens......?"

I know I'm just a tad eager.

Christina Wendy wrote: "Hey Chris, the TA series. Are they short reads?"

Wendy the first one (Mind Fuck) is a full length novel and so is the 6th (First Against the Wall) but the rest are mostly shorts and a few novellas. I recommend you read Mind Fuck first because even though it's not a romance it sets up the rest of the story.

Christina Thanks :)

Wendy Christina wrote: "Wendy wrote: "Hey Chris, the TA series. Are they short reads?"

No worries, shall do.

message 12: by Laura (last edited Mar 06, 2012 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Do you know how hard it was not to read this before I read part 4?! Haha…
This says it all for me! Great review, Christina! So many questions! That line from Franco gave me chills too. I loved when Stefano said(view spoiler)

Christina Thx! I have a hard time not reading reviews before hand too. Only a few more weeks, it's bitter sweet.

message 14: by Marita (last edited Dec 16, 2012 02:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marita Hansen Excellent review :)

Christina Marita wrote: "Excellent review :)"

Thanks Marita. One of the best m/m series. Have you read it?

Marita Hansen Christina wrote: "Marita wrote: "Excellent review :)"

Thanks Marita. One of the best m/m series. Have you read it?"

I'm part way through volume 4. I started the series only a few days ago. It's addictive.

Christina Marita wrote: "I'm part way through volume 4. I started the series only a few days ago. It's..."

It is! Once you get a taste of Voinov's writing, you're hooked for life.

Marita Hansen Christina wrote: "Marita wrote: "I'm part way through volume 4. I started the series only a few days ago. It's..."

It is! Once you get a taste of Voinov's writing, you're hooked for life."

Definitely.