Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Partials

Partials by Dan Wells

I’m sitting here, trying to figure out how to write a review for this amazing novel. The awesome author, Dan Wells, has totally blown me away. Partials is an incredibly amazing world and storyline with fantastic characters. I can't even pick which is my favorite. Dan Wells gave all of them terrific personalities: Kira is head-strong, Marcus is the fun guy, Jayden is a take charge guy, Xochi is the bad-ass chick, Madison is the caring mom figure, Haru is the jerk, Isolde is a analyst and Samm is a Partial with heart. I love, LOVE this book and wish I had an inside connection with Dan Wells so I wouldn't have to wait for Failsafe, the second book in the Partials series.

Kira is sixteen and a medic trainee in the hospital maternity ward. Kira, along with the rest of her race, who have survived the Break, are trying to find the cure for the RM virus that still continues to kill their babies. Kira is determined to find the cure, and once she starts the search, she has no idea how far she will delve into the government, the Partials, the humans, and herself to find the answers.

Partials is also action-packed, but Wells did bring romance into this fantastic storyline, which I'm so glad he did. And what a heartfelt romance it is with Kira and Marcus. I did, at times, think Wells was going to change Kira's romantic interest, and I’m still not sure he won't in Failsafe. I'll just have to wait and see. Wells also brings heart-break with plenty of tears with one of the character (no spoilers) I will just say, I really loved this guy.

Dan Wells’ dedication in Partials is the best way to describe my own feelings for this amazing novel: “This book is dedicated to the rule breakers, the troublemakers, and the revolutionaries. Sometimes the hand that feeds you needs a good bite.” I highly, highly recommend Partials as a must read. You don't won't to miss out on this book!
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partials.

02/12/2012 page 50
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Von (new) - added it

Von P. Yay! I can't wait to read it!

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books I hope you enjoy Partials as much as I did Von :) I really love this book! :)

Charlotte I loved this book too! But I've yet to find the words to write my review. You did a fantastic job with yours though and I totally share your sadness over that one character in particular. I also totally agree with the love interest thing. (trying to be non-spoilerish here) ;)

Can't wait for book 2!

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books Thank you Charlotte,I hope I didn't give any spoilers. Sometimes it so hard. Yes, I really loved that one character alot :)