Rob's Reviews > Three Hundred Zeroes: Lessons of the heart on the Appalachian Trail.

Three Hundred Zeroes by Dennis R. Blanchard

Jan 30, 12

Recommended to Rob by: an amateur radio operator
Recommended for: people who like human-interest and adventure stories
Read from January 01 to 27, 2012 — I own a copy

I gave this book five stars because I loved it as a great story about people and adventure. (I'm a lot harsher of a critic with fiction books.)

The book a human-interest story about a man who had always planned to hike the trail with his brother. Unfortunately, his brother died in Vietnam. So one day "life stopped getting in the way" as the author says, so he packed up his pack, brought along his brother's Purple Heart medal, and set off. Along the way he met all kinds of people: fellow trail hikers, good Samaritans, and ordinary folks. He had memorable encounters with wildlife. Oh, and he had a sextuple-bypass also, which sidelined him for 300 "zero" (no miles) days, hence the title. In the end, he made a full recovery from his operation, got back on the trail and succeeded in his quest, and had his faith in humanity restored.

I read the EPUB version published by Smashwords. I like their philosophy: the book isn't DRM-crippled and it isn't priced just a couple dollars less than the hardback edition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Hundred Zeroes.