H.K. Savage's Reviews > Inhale

Inhale by Kendall Grey

Jan 30, 13

Read in January, 2012

Inhale by Kendall Grey- Coming in May 2012

From the first page I knew I wasn’t going to be disappointed in this book. The characters were off and running right away. The right balance of lovable and flawed, everyone in here is multidimensional. I’m so happy there are going to be more books coming and I’m already begging the author to be one of those lucky enough to review it first.

Gavin is an Australian rocker, Zoe a whale researcher. While awake, both are busy dealing with regular issues in Realis (that’s the dayside of reality to newbies). Then, when they sleep, they enter The Dreaming where there is a war between the elements. The Fyres have gotten into The Dreaming and are feeding themselves by tormenting humans as they sleep. If they don’t kill them, they leave the humans deeply psychologically disturbed upon waking. It is up to the Sentinels to send the hellish Fyres screaming from The Dreaming and rescue humanity before Australia falls.

All the while Zoe is meeting this mystery man in her dreams she believes they are just that, dreams. It isn’t possible, she thinks, for all of these crazy things to be anything other than her own neurotic fantasies. But it isn’t until she believes that Zoe can help to unlock the final weapon that will help the Sentinels turn the tide in The Dreaming.

Insight into the world of the elements and Sentinels is fascinating and not overdone or over the top. Grey also handles the switches between The Dreaming and Realis very well, easily flowing between the two just as we might slide between the veil ourselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inhale.