Glendalee's Reviews > Lies

Lies by Michael  Grant

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi
Read in January, 2012

I'm really enjoying this series as it progresses . The first book was good but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did with the second and third book. It kept me on my toes as I was reading it and kept me guessing. I'm really looking forward to read the fourth book because the way this one ended with so much drama and action unraveling as the book was coming to its conclusion left me wanting to read more!.

I recently found out that Plague is not the conclusion to this series as I first believed, that information kind of worries me because sometimes series that continue on with more than four books or sometimes even three just become a drag, and I know Plague is going to be great and there are a lot of unanswered questions that will be answered but if Grant can't capture the whole story in the last book then that just worries me.

As for the characters, some have grown in the book while others i have grown to just be annoyed with. For example Sam, I understand him and I like him but he is a bit of a pushover and I think hes a good leader. Astrid, I am not sure what to make of her. I don't believe she really loves Sam, she just needs a protector for her brother and her, and this was mentioned several times throughout this book by other characters including Sam himself and I can't help but agree with that, she's very arrogant and I remember in the first book how her feelings towards her brother were, even though at times it is understandable because he does have a sickness that easily frustrates. As for the other minor characters I really enjoy reading there story and I see them growing as the series progress and I like them so much that i would be sad if they were to die in the FAYZ or turn evil.

The writing has gotten better too as the series progressed, I noted in the first book that the writing was a bit childish but it has gotten better and more detailed so thats another aspect I enjoyed in this novel. I'm really enjoying the way this series is progressing and I hope it doesn't disappoint me in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies.