Peg's Reviews > Sister of Silence

Sister of Silence by Daleen Berry

Feb 04, 12

Read from January 30 to February 02, 2012

Sister of Silence by Daleen Berry. This memoir was provided to me free-of-charge by GoodReads, FirstReads. I gave this book 5 stars because it's powerful, thought-provoking memoir that merits it. It's a real page-turner you won't want to put down! Starting at age 13 or 14, every young woman and man should read this so they become familiar not only with sexual abuse, but physical and emotional abuse as well. I feel many others would benefit also, i.e., anyone in the medical and educational fields, parents, etc. It would be of tremendous help for them to be able to recognize signs of these types of abuse. This book should be stocked in all libraries including middle and high-school libraries. By reading this memoir and getting the word out, many of our young people as well as anyone at any age, can avoid or get out of these terrible abusive relations by knowing they do have a voice to come forward. They will realize they just do not have to take it! Hopefully this realization will help to break the silence in the lives of all who suffer from any form of abuse. Kudos to Ms. Berry for being brave and talented enough to write this memoir.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sister of Silence.