La Reyne 's Reviews > The Dancers at the End of Time

The Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moorcock

Jan 30, 2012

At the moment having recently joined Goodreads I'm basically digging out of my home bookshelves and my brain the books I'd most recommend to anyone. This trilogy is close to the top of my list. It's a book that tells you a lot about me as a person.

BUT

It's not a book for everyone.

So many people I've recommended it to stop at the first chapter. Something happens there that turns a lot of people off.

BUT

You need to keep reading! It's a fabulous, wonderful, hilarious, life-enhancing experience. It ranges from the sublime to the insanely ridiculous. Every form of wit and humour is represented here. It's a wild, wonderful adventure. It's a gorgeous love story. It's the most optimistic story I've ever read.

READ THIS TRILOGY! IT'S NOT FIVE STARS, IT'S TEN!!!

Afterthought: one thing readers will have to take into consideration with this book, but which I hope doesn't put them off or spoil the reading pleasure, is that this book was written in the 70's and contains various references that won't mean much to people who sprouted after that time! There are references to Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones, and the film maker Sam Peckinpah, that would have been very amusing and contemporary when it was written. Don't let this deter you, I think you can read around those parts! Peckinpah is very relevant to the section that takes place in the Nursery, for example...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dancers at the End of Time.