April's Reviews > The Vincent Boys

Jul 21, 2016

bookshelves: favorites
Read from February 01 to 02, 2012 — I own a copy

Read my full original review here: Books4Juliet's Review: The Vincent Boys

I didn't expect to love this book so much. It was free during the time I downloaded it to my Kindle and the moment I started reading it, I was hooked and couldn't put it down. It was exhilaratingly fun and enjoyable! I want more of Ashton and the Vincent boys!

Cousins Sawyer and Beau Vincent were Ashon Gray's childhood best friends. They grew up and protected each other ever since they were five. And even from that time, Beau has always cared and loved Ashton until she became Sawyer's girlfriend. Since then, Beau and Ashton relationship grew apart despite the fact that they were practically the best of friends. For three years of Ashton's relationship with Sawyer, she tried to be good, to be descent, to be worthy of Sawyer's love and affection. She did her best to be the perfect girl for Sawyer--the good and the perfect (well, almost) of the two Vincent boys. Beau on the other hand, has always been the bad boy, the dangerous one. He was once her partner in crime, and he is the one who knows the real Ashton, the boy who love the girl she's trying to conceal. After spending time with Beau, Ash suddenly realized that she must have chosen the wrong Vincent boy after all...

There are lots of things I loved about this book. First of all, the characters. Ash is very real to me. She's an average girl whom you usually meet at school or in your neighborhood. She's not perfect, she's flawed, she has shortcomings, she has mistakes in life like the rest of us. The good thing about her is that she tried to fix things even though it would cost her her own happiness. She didn't deny her mistakes, she accepted the consequences and lived through it. That made me loved her despite of her weaknesses.

Sawyer and Beau are the best cousins ever! They loved each other like true brothers and I admired them for so many reasons. I don't want to spill anything about these two boys cos I don't want to spoil your future reading. You'll just have to find out for yourself. The two Vincent boys will make your heart go ponder and your stomach flutter, especially Beau Vincent. You wouldn't want to miss this guy. Your heart will ache for him, care for him, and you'll love him!

The setting and the plot are good and there was never a single moment that I got bored. I really appreciate the narrating style because it let me see both Ash and Beau's thoughts. I always liked the alternating POV style of writing. Overall, it was an entertaining read for me, and I enjoyed every single moment I had with this book. I just loved everything about it. The oh-so-sweet and oh-so-yummy Beau oh-so-sexy love story will keep your eyes on the book and your nose sticking on it too! The drama and the tension are so good, I didn't want to stop reading.

Those who enjoy YA contemporary with a sexy romance that might be suitable only for mature Young Adult readers, then go for this book. I enjoyed it so much and I want more!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.

07/21 marked as: read