Derrick's Reviews > H.I.V.E. 7: Aftershock

H.I.V.E. 7 by Mark Walden

Feb 16, 12

Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Aftershock by Mark Walden was another epic book in the series. For me, the plot has not disappointed because there are a few more twists that I did not expect. First of all I did not expect Joseph Wright tried to assassinate G.L.O.V.E.'s head of ruling council Dr. Nero. But I knew that he would try and get revenge because Dr. Nero had dismissed the former ruling council. I definitely did not expect him to try and kill Dr. Nero because I thought they were still on the same side.

Right after that part, Joseph Wright was trying to convince other members of the dismissed ruling council to join him against Nero, which results in joining G.L.O.V.E.'s arch enemy forces. This part I thought was a little bit over the top. I think that Walden should have just let them form their own group instead of thinking the possibility of joining the opposition.

I gave the book a three star rating because I felt that it was a little bit rushed. There were many parts in the story I felt it should have been better described and use of better language. I think Walden could have made the storyline a bit longer and maybe put some more unexpected twists. Some parts I felt was a little bit hard to understand, I think that Mark Walden has used too much description and too much metaphors. Some parts I felt that the author could just make the text simpler to read. Plus, I think that after reading the blurb at the back, there wasn't much in the book that surprised me because I felt the the blurb gave away too much of the story. I already kind of expected what was going to happen and when it was going to happen.Clearly I think that this book is still not the best in the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H.I.V.E. 7.

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Nice review Derrick. I can clearly see that you had mixed feelings about this book, which some parts you despised and some parts you thought were "epic". Would you recommend this series to other people , and why? In addition, if I were to read this series, would this book be important to read to understand the later books?

Derrick Well this book was the last one that came out, by the way the book ended I am sure that there are a few more books on the way. I would recommend this book to some people but not all. Some of the books have very well described parts and sometimes it was too well described that I could not imagine it in my mind. That occasionally happens in the books but you need to read the first six books to understand what is happening in the seventh.

message 3: by Cian (new)

Cian Tan Derrick your review is good, however a tad bit short. i think you could have gone into more detail about the storyline as it is still completely vague to me. what was your favorite part of the book and why?