Naoms's Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, library, read-in-2012, royalty
Read from January 29 to 30, 2012

I stayed up most of the night reading this book. I loved it that much. I have become so enthralled in Paranormal romance, I haven't read a historical in awhile. Eloisa James, made me realize what I have been missing!

The story starts when the beautiful Linnet Berry is ruined by a prince, due to a misunderstanding an innocent kiss. All of a sudden she's a social pariah and the rumors of her "pregnancy" spread. Her aunt and father concoct a plan to get her married to a Earl who is the heir to a Duke. The Earl, Piers, also happens to be a doctor with the reputation of being a beast. Linnet decides she can get the beast to fall in love with her in 2 weeks tops, Piers decides he will never marry even if it is to a beauty.

From there Eloisa James, weaves a story of love, that is entertaining, humorous and at points heartbreaking. It's a story about forgiveness, getting past ones pride and overcoming vanity. I loved everything. The cast of characters, the location and most importantly the story.

From the beginning Piers is arrogant, truthful to the point of mean and brash. Yet, you couldn't hate him. He's rude especially to the young doctors working under him, his students. When you hear Doctors misdiagnosing patients, you can't help, but agree with Piers and his rudeness. Of course, if you're a House fan, you'll love the sarcasm and wit. Linnet, of course, can match Piers witticism, by witticism and it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous.

A great read, I think probably my fave James novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.