Cherise's Reviews > Motor Mouth

Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich

Jul 11, 08

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read in October, 2006

First I have to say that I am a HUGE Janet fan. I have all her books and have read and re-read them a zillion times. When Metro Girl came out I was excited... I was not thrilled with Metro Girl, but I liked it. I felt like it was a rushed book, not the greatest but good. Then she started Motor Mouth and kept pushing back the release date so I thought she was really taking her time with this one and it was going to be better. I was wrong! My sister and I bought the book on it's release date. My sister called me later that day to say she disliked it so much she wasn't even going to finish it. It usually takes me no longer than a day to read her books because I can't put them down. This one took several days because I had to put it down, several times. The plot is so unbeleivable and ridiculous and gets more so as it goes on. The dialogue and humor is forced... Everything seems to be recycled from her previous books, right down to the dog, another version of Bob from the Plum series. It is revealed early in the story that Hooker, the hero, has cheated on Alexandra, the heroine of the story. He is so nonchalant about the whole thing you want to deck him... But Alex is just as nonchalant... It just isn't realistic. I wont be rereading this one... And I wont be rushing out to buy the next in the series.

Cherise Everhard, October 2006
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Motor Mouth.