Martha Bryce's Reviews > Neiko's Five Land Adventure

F 50x66
Jan 29, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

Neiko’s Five Land Adventure By A.K. Taylor was an adequate book. The start was weak and a bit confusing as we try to sort out exactly who the characters are and what their roles are. It’s rather implausible that a 16 year old young woman would still be so deeply entrenched in the life and fantasy of her toys. This book would appeal to a 4-6 grade range but there are so many wonderful books for this group that I believe that Neiko’s Five Land Adventure would be overlooked. It is wonderful to have a book for this age group with a very strong female protagonist and the drawings are quite good. Once the characters were established and we could distinguish between the real world of Amanda Hawk and the fantasy adventure world of Captain Neiko Kidd, the story line and action were better but to compare this book to Harry Potter, or even the Indian in the Cupboard is a bad idea. I will read the next book or two to see if the author continues to develop her talent and writing skill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neiko's Five Land Adventure.