Nash's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

This left me breathless almost constantly while I was reading it.

Just to give you a gist, Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens is a story about true love dying and true love sparking. Kiera moved in with her boyfriend, Denny, to Seattle as Denny got a huge internship offer from a world-class Ad Agency. She left her family and school at Ohio just so she can be with him. They could never stand being apart from each other, until Kellan came into her life.

Kellan is Denny’s friend, who apparently owns the house they’ll be renting in while at Seattle. Kiera and Kellan grew their friendship when Denny was indefinitely away for a business trip (estimated two months). She was so miserable that Denny left her shortly after they transferred to another state, and Kellan was there to be her refuge.

And the rest was history…

The matured content was, honestly, breaking innocence for every reader. And the best part was… THERE’S – JUST – TOO – MUCH – ST! It was tremendously sensational. If you know what I mean.

I couldn’t believe that there’s an author who could write more graphic intimate scenes than Richelle Mead and Jamie McGuire before I’ve met S.C. Stephens’ actual words. My brain just automatically tuned out everything and everyone, and with just one line, I was already devoured by the book.

Although, admittedly, the first few chapters were kinda boring. If you practically have the skill to skim, just skim! But don’t ever miss the part where Kiera Allen, our naive heroine, first locked gazes with Kellan Kyle, the rockstar sex god.

Kellan Kyle.

Words do not even suffice how much… how much…

Sorry, guys. I think I just melted there. Excuse me while I continue ogling over Kellan Kyle’s godlike image in my mind.

Here’s an excerpt from the book where Kiera first saw Kellan. And believe me, this is nothing compared to what he’s capable of in the next chapters.

"He had intense eyes that were busy scanning the crowd of adoring women clustered around the front of the stage. His light, sandy-brown hair was a thick, wild mess. It was longer on the top with shorter, shaggy layers all the way around and he was running his hand through it in a rather adorable way. As Anna would say, he had “bedroom hair.” Well, okay, she would use a cruder adjective, my sister could be a little crass, but it was the kind of style that looked like he had just been ravished in the back room. I blushed as it occurred to me that maybe he had been… Anyway, it was alarmingly attractive on him. Not everyone could pull off that kind of look.

His clothes were surprisingly basic, like he knew he didn’t have to accessorize his looks. His shirt was just a basic gray tee, with the long sleeves pushed back to the elbow. It was just tight enough to hint at what was most definitely a fabulous body underneath. He wore perfectly lived-in black jeans with black, heavy boots. Simple, yet stunning. He looked like a rock god.

Even with all that, the most amazing part of him, besides his alluring voice, was his unbelievably sexy smile. He only showed glimpses of it through the words he was singing, but it was enough. A smooth halfsmile here and there – flirting with the crowd. Utterly charming.

He was downright sexy. Unfortunately, he knew it."

- Chapter 1, Page 7

And did I mention that there’s too much ST, it hurts?! If you must’ve guessed, the world of the story is pretty much myopic but Kiera’s great internal conflict and Kellan’s piercing emotions vehemently pull you–made my thoughts borderline unmanageable. Kiera and Kellan’s relationship went through a vicious cycle but you’ll never get tired of it. You would keep on wanting more. It’s kind of addicting, actually.

Anyway, I’ve got some songs playing in my head while reading this book. Just my incoherent mind putting up a playlist.

1. Kiera-Kellan affair – Sensual Seduction by Snoop Dogg and Lips of an Angel by Hinder
2. Kellan confessing his childhood to Kiera – Use Somebody cover by Hannah Trigwell
3. Kiera realizing she loves Kellan – Can’t Help Falling In Love version by Ingrid Michaelson
4. Kiera moping for months after the accident – Emotions version by Destiny’s Child
5. Kellan’s song for Kiera that got them back together – The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script

If there’s one thing that I’ll carry on from this book, it’s knowing that going out of your safety net, of your comfort zone, may actually lead you to THE ONE. <3

OKAY SO NOW SOMEBODY BOOK ME A FLIGHT

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.