Molly's Reviews > The Accidental Bride

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter

Feb 02, 12

One of the more enjoyable love stories I've read in a while! Smooth, flowing writing, with lovable characters and a get-away-from-it-all setting, and, if anything else, a truly original plot.

Okay, so it's really asking a lot for a reader to believe that two adults, ex-engaged and 14 years behind on closure, got legally married without their knowledge, and upon finding out decided they'd try living together as husband and wife to see if it works.

I know it's a stretch, but it worked for me. Adorable characters: spitfire hates dashing cowboy and denies attraction, cowboy tries to regain spitfire's love and trust. And adorable backdrop: the author makes ranching sound so romantic that you just have to put it on your list of things-to-do-before-I-die.

Some parts dragged a bit, though. Towards the end, Shay's gripes about how she's been hurt too many times, etc. etc. were getting too melodramatic. And of course the whole idea of damsel in distress rescued by knight in shining armor--well, a little too Hollywood, I think.

That said, I recommend Accidental Bride to anyone who wants a quick, fun weekend read. Guaranteed to tug at the romantic in you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Bride.