~E~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > Escape to Paradise

bookshelves: review-copy, on-blog
Read from January 31 to February 02, 2012

2.75 Stars

Escape to paradise

Escape to Paradise is a sweet, seductive read set in an exotic location with one sweet, seductive AND exotic male protagonist.

It starts off with Claudia catching a flight to Cabo in the hopes of escaping the devastating media attention from her ex-husbands illegal dealings.

Santiago is drawn to Claudia at first sight, but she doesn’t want anything to do with him, she just wants to find a little peace and quiet until the scandal her ex caused has died down.

Unfortunately events unfold which leave Claudia needing to take the helpful hand of the sinfully sexy Santiago and the attraction between them starts to quickly ignite.

Escape to Paradise was written with the skill of an experience author, however the story didn’t gain my full attention. It would be a great read after a stressful day – requiring little concentration to follow the plot, but it wasn’t what I was looking for when I started reading.

It was a little too predictable and familiar, with Claudia jumping back and forth too frequently between wanting Santiago, then in the next chapter not wanting him. I also found the ending to be anticlimactic.

This would be a great read for people not looking for a lot of attention needing depth. It is a sweet read, with a few sexy scenes but not overly hot in its explicitness.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape to Paradise.

01/31/2012
01/31/2012
22.0% "Still waiting for it to get interesting"
show 2 hidden updates…