Jody's Reviews > Always Been Mine

Always Been Mine by Elizabeth Reyes

Feb 03, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The Moreno Brothers is a highly addictive YA romance series. I can't put them down and I am so glad there is another one to move onto immediately. It is so much fun to read the story of different characters and continue to visit previous couples. As a reader, I feel included as part of the Moreno family.

Always Been Mine is the story of Valerie and Alex who met in the first book and began dating. This book takes place several years after most of the Moreno's are out of college and Angel and Sarah are getting married. Valerie is the maid of honor and is required to participate in all wedding activities. At the first wedding shower, Alex and Valerie meet again and share a hot kiss stirring all the feelings that both thought they buried. But Alex and Valerie have never been commited to each other and Valerie thinks that Alex was completely a player. Alex's only problem was being to proud to tell Valerie that he needed tutoring and the extra time to study.

Besides the rocky relationship, Valerie has a co-worker, Luke whom she began to date hoping to get over her feeling for Alex. Valerie is afraid to give Alex another chance. Valerie hasn't had any luck dating during their break-up. In fact, Valerie is in danger from a previous guy she dated. Alex has her followed for protection and ends up finding out things he shouldn't. Alex and the other Moreno Brothers are Alpha male and his protectiveness does walk a fine line of posession. I love Alex and was celebrating the fact that he continued to protect Valerie because of the danger. I would have been shouting at the book if he had backed down so the Alpha Male was just right for me.

Pick up a Moreno Brothers book and I can assure you a great romantic read. This book is a little more on the adult romance side than the first book. Valerie and Alex have a hot explosive chemistry that lights the story up. You will be pulling for their relationship.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Been Mine.

Quotes Jody Liked

Elizabeth Reyes
“Angel clicked on a few more pictures on the screen, and Alex made small talk about the place. Then he finally walked away. He stopped just before walking out.

“Did Valerie say anything else to Sarah?”
Angel glanced back at him. “About what?”
“You know about that guy she’s seeing.”

Angel turned his attention back to the computer. “No, not really.”

Alex frowned. He wasn’t one of those guys, so he wasn’t about to keep asking. If Angel knew anything, he’d tell him. He’d just have to wait until the rehearsal dinner.

He started back out when Angel spoke up. “I’m not sure, because she didn’t actually tell me, but I overheard Sarah on the phone last night. It sounded like Valerie was telling her about him.”

“Yeah, what did you hear?”

Angel looked up trying to remember. Something seemed to come to him but he hesitated. “I don’t think you wanna hear it, Alex. I know I wouldn’t.”

Alex squeezed the doorway with his hand. What the hell could he have heard? “Tell me.”

Angel shook his head and looked back at the monitor. “Only reason I caught my attentions was because I overheard Sarah ask her something about wearing lingerie.”

Alex felt the hair on the back of his neck rise and his gut tightened. He banged his fist against the doorway. He didn’t need to hear any more. Angel had been right that’s the last thing he needed right now. He charged back out of the office, infuriated with himself. Why the fuck had he asked?”
Elizabeth Reyes, Always Been Mine

Elizabeth Reyes
“I love you Alex.
I don‘t think I‘ll ever get tired of hearing you say that sweetheart. He lifted himself on his elbow and kissed her. I love you too. Forever.
Valerie still could't believe the impossibility of this night. If she woke up in her bed and this all had been a dream she was going to kill someone.”
Elizabeth Reyes, Always Been Mine