Germaine (Marie) Semodio's Reviews > Miss Nelson Is Missing!

Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard

Jan 29, 12

Read in January, 2012

This book definitely brought me back to my childhood. My initial impression when I saw this book on the list was that I had to get it and write a review on it. I wanted to do this because I wanted to see if I enjoyed it half as much as I enjoyed it when I was younger - I did, more so now than before. The shape of the book is in portrait style because people and kids are being illustrated in the book. However, what is interesting is that the students in the book are short and stubby illustrations. The art style of the this book I couldn't recognized because I'm artistically un-inclined. The type face of the story was basic and stayed on one area on the page, just adding to the story, but never serving as the base I believe because the pictures told the story. The composition of the pictures had borders and I felt this was a great technique to show the story because it made me feel like I'm a person looking into the story of these kids misbehaving and their teacher coming in to do what all teachers do - teach them a lesson. Loved this book when I was young, love it even more and appreciate it's lesson even more today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Nelson Is Missing!.