Brenda Kirton's Reviews > Liver Let Die

Liver Let Die by Liz Lipperman

Jan 29, 2012

bookshelves: mystery, read-want-to-buy, read-in-one-sitting
Read on February 19, 2012 , read count: 1

I burned through this book in an afternoon. I wasn't that keen on reading it. I picked it up randomly at the library. It was a great book. Good plot. Not as straight forward as it seems at first (the is a positive not a negative) Interesting characters, although the list of them is a bit formulatic, they work well. I like that the protagonist works for a newspaper, it gives lots of reasons for her to be involved in future murders. Also there is quite a bit or potential in her gang of characters for association with murder. Some books I have read lately seem to have their protagonist in what might be the author's secondary dream job but couldn't possibly work with all the time they take to investigate. This book has things well paced. For one thing it takes place over a few weeks rather than two or three days where way too much action than is physically possible to fit into the time allowed.
Sorry I keep getting caught in what I don't like in books I have read lately.
Comes down to this. The action is a belivable fast pace. The plot challenging for mystery lovers. The characters believable and interesting and not sappy. Protagonist smart enough to take somewhat of a backup to dangerous meetings (I hate stupid main characters)
I can't wait 'til the next one. I will be checking in half a minute to see if it is out yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liver Let Die.