Paula's Reviews > The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

The Walking Dead by Jay Bonansinga

3720054
Feb 07, 12

Read from January 29 to February 06, 2012

'Rise of The Governor' is the story of the Blake brothers, Philip and Brian who are making their way to Atlanta with Philip's daughter, Penny. Seventy~two hours after the dead began to come back to life, Philip, his daughter Penny, his friends, Bobby and Nick, and Philip's older brother, Brian, the weaker of the two brothers leave their home town and head towards to Atlanta where there are rumours of a rescue centre. The story follows the group as they face the unknown and try to understand what has happened to the world around them.

'Rise of the Governor is the first novel of a trilogy exploring the back stories of the characters from The Walking Dead graphic novels. The back story of 'The Governor' is a interesting one, the group focus on surviving on a day to day basis while Philip fights his inner demons. The story is very intense and you will be quickly drawn into the story.

This is the first book I have read about The Walking Dead and I enjoyed it. (I am planning to invest in 'The Walking Dead Compendium ~ Volume 1' as soon as possible) and I am an avid viewer of the TV series. I liked knowing the background of the man who eventually becomes The Governor (one of the most popular characters of the series), the experiences he faces and the choices he must make to survI've.

I am looking forward to next instalment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead.