Kelsey's Reviews > Back to Work: Why We Need Smart Government for a Strong Economy

Back to Work by Bill Clinton

M 50x66
Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, political-liberal
Read from January 29 to 30, 2012

To begin with, if you were thinking that Clinton's decade away from office would make this book non-partisan, you will be sorely mistaken. This book is basically Clinton's critique on the anti-government movement started by Reagan and most recently championed by the Tea Party movement. Clinton instead argues that to succeed and grown as a nation, we require both a strong private sector and a strong, yet efficient government.

The book is divided into two parts. In the first part Clinton describes the current economic problems facing the US (including a description of the financial meltdown of 2008) and why government is necessary to get America back on track. In the second part, he sets forth a number of policy points that he believes will help get the US economy growing again.

All in all, I enjoyed the book, although I have read better policy books. One thing that this book does well, however, is pack a lot of punch for its size. At only 200 pages, it was a relatively quick read for a book with so much information.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back to Work.