Glass's Reviews > Amplified

Amplified by Tara Kelly

Aug 20, 12

bookshelves: music, realistic-fiction, girl-power, favorites, tanja-zemira-miss-glass-book-club
Read from February 07 to 09, 2012

I already know what will be the biggest "don't like" for some of the readers - ending of this novel. But that's just what was turning point in my decision to give Amplified five stars instead of four. Author didn't give in to the temptation of the usual happy endings - girl gets the boy, daddy and mommy are my biggest fans after all and so on... And this girl knows how to use the words and not make them pathetic and cheesy.
I have to admit that I didn't completely understand all those music terminology - I googled a little bit about it and Tara's "background" - she is writing from her personal experience which is in my opinion one of the best quality in my favourite author. Yes, she goes on my fav list!:)
One more thing - as soon as I read word Placebo and Meds, I knew she would me my kind of a girl!
I can't wait to read Harmonic Feedback and everything she'll write in the future.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amplified.

02/07/2012 page 1
0.0% "Back to the music books!;)" 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Say (new) - rated it 4 stars

Say this needs a follow up....just like zemira said....=)

4k45h4 Placebo? Really? :)
Than that's something I must read !!!

Glass Really! I've been listening them yesterday - all day! I drove my sister crazy!

4k45h4 Hahahahahaha
I totally approve. The craziness of you're sister is just a collateral damage. I'm in luck. I have no siblings to complain

Glass She used to listen them too, but now she's going trough some punk-metal-something phase (cuz of her boyfriend who's in the band).

message 6: by Katalili (new)

Katalili We all love our special K ^^

4k45h4 punk-metal?
it actually exists?
i'm so not the punk type
metal, yes, but punk... that "genre" died in the nineties, than god :D

Glass I have no clue - I just know that I hate it!
They call temselves Totalna rasprodaja.

Yeah, Secial K!:)

message 9: by Katalili (new)

Katalili My friends would be pissed if they saw this XD punk's not dead! at least not in Pula! ^^
the best punk-metal I've ever heard is Đubrivo

4k45h4 Katalili wrote: "My friends would be pissed if they saw this XD punk's not dead! at least not in Pula! ^^
the best punk-metal I've ever heard is Đubrivo"

Fertilizer, interesting :D
I'm more of an 80' rock kind of girl, but I tolerate all except the etno/narodnjak bullshit :D

message 11: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Uopće nemam pojma kako sam ovu propustila?! :O

message 12: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Vidim da si je spomenula u osvrtu Don´t Breathe a Word. Znači, na toj je razini?

Glass Meni je sjajna. Još više volim njenu drugu knjigu Harmonic Feedback, možda da prvo tu pročitaš.

message 14: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Imam obje. Puno ti hvala. Uljepšaju mi život ovako dobre knjige. ;)

Glass Jedva čekam dojmove.:)