Elizabeth's Reviews > The Judas Strain

The Judas Strain by James Rollins

Feb 18, 12

Read from January 29 to February 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure it was my own damn fault for disliking this book.

It took me about 3 weeks to slog through this, which is embarrassing considering it's meant to be a fast-paced page turner. To be fair, those 3 weeks included a cross-country move and orientation at a new job, so it's entirely possible that my own distraction prevented me from every getting involved.

But if you were ever going to get caught up in a book, wouldn't it be one like this? Rollins has pulled out all the stops here; the 500+ page book involves multiple secret military organizations, a global plague, a historical mystery involving Marco Polo, action on multiple continents, cannibalism (not kidding), and some seriously intense mysticism. Maybe that was the problem -- this story is so freaking epic, it's barely relatable. The characters were well-written enough, but I didn't really care about anyone.

(Why did I finish this, you ask? I belong to the literary equivalent of the Clean Plate Club. I know, I should stop.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Judas Strain.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Ang (new)

Ang You should stop! Life is too short to read books you aren't enjoying. I used to be in that club too, and it's bad! It's a bad club! You should stop any book you aren't liking at any point. 50 pages in, 500 pages in. You can do it! It's like...stopping eating things you don't like. Or not finishing a drink when it's not your style. Stop torturing your brain!

Elizabeth Sage advice, friend. I'll try to take it to heart!

message 1: by R (new) - rated it 1 star

R I'm still struggling with this one... trying to figure out when everything will work together (if it ever does).